Following the announcement this weekend by the UK Government regarding the slight loosening of restrictions during the Covid 19 pandemic we wish to make it clear that the pontoon will not be reopened for use by BSC members until we have the following:-
- Clear guidance from the CHA that their restrictions have been lifted
- The RYA have shown clearly how usage can be safe and have issued guidelines
- That we are assured the pontoon can be used safely and appropriate distancing measures can be implemented
- That parity of usage for all members is assured
- That the Club has adhered to all protocols regarding social distancing
The safety of members is paramount so when the Flag Officers and Committee are confident that the above can be fulfilled an announcement regarding new usage guidelines will be published.
We are all very keen to get back afloat and to some sort of normality and will do so when we are assured that we can follow all relevant guidelines and our protocols are robust and correct.
Keep well and safe